A response to Thura U Shwe Mann’s message to the 47th anniversary of the 11th Intake of Defence Services Academy
1. Former General Thura U Shwe Mann on his Facebook page posted his message to 47th anniversary of the 11th Intake of Defence Services Academy-DSA. Some dailies and journals featured news referring to his message.
2. As the term “Brothers (sons of DSA)” of the message is like referring particularly to the officers produced by the Academy it amounts to sowing seeds of discord among in-service officers, retired officers and servicemen and servicewomen of Army, Navy and Air Force, leading towards the disintegration of the Tatmadaw.
3. The statement “the government chosen and entrusted by the people is now serving the duties with responsibility and accountability, and it will improve the national situation and serve the interest of the people” could mean that the past successive governments including the elected governments since the independence was restored had never served any interest of the state and the people.
4. The remark “it is opportune time for our brethren to cooperate together with much rejoicing” tends to say that Tatmadaw lacks cooperation while fl attering the other side by ignoring the fact that since the 2015 pre-election period till the time when the new government was formed, Tatmadaw has repeatedly promised to cooperate with the people-elected government.
5. Therefore, we here by oppose the comments posted by Thura U Shwe Mann on his Facebook page and the news featured by some newspapers and journals because they may cause disintegration of Tatmadaw and people’s misunderstanding of the previous government’s efforts and Tatmadaw’s stances and activities and harm ongoing national reconciliation efforts, instead of serving the interest of the State and the people.
Tatmadaw True News Information Team
26 April 2016
The Myawady Daily